Monday, December 10, 2012

A Diving Adventure: Intro

Soon after we met, Steve wanted to take me on vacation to Mexico. I wasn't so sure. This video we saw later, pretty much sums it up.


Steve let me do some research and pick where we would go. Instinctively, I was drawn to the blue Caribbean waters, over the rougher Pacific coast, and selected a spot on the Mayan Riviera between Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
I was won over from the first trip and it was then that we discovered the amazing snorkeling in the Caribbean. We couldn't believe all the cool, colourful fish, and were so excited to see a turtle! The next year we were back, this time to Cuba. We went to Varadero and while we had heard about the amazing beach, this was the white sand, no reefs variety, and we badly missed the fish. From then on, we have made sure that we stay somewhere with coral reefs right off the beach. On our third trip, we returned to the Mayan Riviera, again near Akumal and Steve convinced me to try SCUBA with him. What follows are our SCUBA adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment